Charming Andalucian Country House and Holiday Cottages in the Sierra Nevada, Southern Spain
A beautiful private estate with south facing exposure and stunning views over unspoilt hillsides, for sale direct by the owner. Situated in the High Alpujarras in Andalucia, south east of Granada, and bordering the Sierra Nevada National Park.
This authentic and charming Andalucian farmhouse, called La Viñuela, consists of 2 family homes and 3 holiday rental properties, set in a hectare of established grounds with an exceptional variety of mature trees and a new eco-friendly swimming pool. The warm microclimate combined with plentiful mountain water has created an oasis of lushness. While within easy walking distance of 7 typical Moorish villages, the property enjoys great tranquillity.
- 645,000 euros
- Built Area:
- c.500m² (of which 420 m² are interior)
- Land Area:
- 9,284m² (c.1 hectare)
- No of Rooms:
- 12 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, 5 kitchen/living rooms.
- Local stone, chestnut and ash carpentry throughout, including original beamed ceilings, and terracotta tiles.
- Swimming Pool:
- 9m x 5m salt ionised pool with PH controller and a 7-year guarantee.
- Established flower and herb gardens around each house and spacious terraces planted with a variety of 38 species of trees, which meet family needs for olive oil, almonds and fruit.
- Mains drinking water, electricity, telephone and fast broadband internet connection. Significant irrigation rights with large reservoir and pumped watering system.
- Business Potential:
- Successful holiday rental business established in 2006 with consistent year on year growth. Recommended by El Pais, le Guide du Routard 2009 and le Guide du Petit Fûté 2009. Has its own effective website.
- 1150m above sea level, on the south side of the Sierra Nevada mountains, 60km from Granada, 60km from the Costa Tropical.
- A newly concreted private road links the property to the main road and leads to a an ample parking area.
- Local Services:
- 5 minutes from the village of Pitres, offering: 24h medical services, primary and secondary Schools, banks, and a variety of shops, bars and restaurants.
- A nature lover's paradise, used by botanists, writers, and ornithologists. Ideal for walking (situated on the long distance GR7 path and near the GR 142 and GR240), horse riding, and mountain biking. Also within easy reach of the Mediterranean beaches and the ski slopes on the northern side of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.